Friday, July 23, 2004

What You Think About You Bring About

I'm frustrated because Jackson is all over the place today and I shouldn't be because a) he was excellent when I took him to the rectory for the Mass card and then to Target for diapers and b) we didn't have any outside playtime because it's been looking like the verge of rain all day.  All he wants is a little more Mommy attention.  I've been trying to include him in everything I do.  This precious little boy loves to help unpack the groceries when I bring them home!

So today we go the Mass card and also talked to the church lady about Kate's baptism.  Unbeknownst to be because I haven't been going to Mass we have a new pastor as of July 1.  The new pastor is simplifying a few things including the baptisms and so we may have some flexibility on the date vs. 3rd Sunday of each month.  Other good news is that we probably don't have to do the prep class again because it's only been 2 years or so since Jackson was christened. 

The pediatrician's office called and Kate's state health form for entry into daycare is ready for me to pick up.  I bought diapers, wipes, and cereal to get her started and will drop them off next week so I don't have to remember and carry a bunch of stuff on her first day.  I have myself on a breastmilk pumping schedule so I can have some in storage for when she needs it.  I need to fill out the rest of her paperwork and submit that. 

Tonight I'm off to a scrapbook/cropping session with one of my friends.  It's right nearby and I'm looking forward to a 4 hour chunk of time to work on the books away from the house --especially after feeling cooped up in here all day. 

I guess I shouldn't feel frustrated but for some reason I do when I'm with Jackson all day and it gets to be dinner time and the dogs are starting to whine for dinner although it's a few hours too early for them; the cat is meowing; I'm trying to figure out when to start dinner, etc.  This is why I'm so hot to telecommute as much as possible and work out of the nearby satellite office more often - so I can manage this dinner hour after work thing much better and not feel so stressed.  I'm thinking we really need to re-establish our home office because it adds to the stress when I have to pull out my computer - have power cords and phone lines all over the kitchen - have the printer on the kitchen table, etc.  Problem is when I ask Jeff to help me with these things he immediately bristles and tells me my priorities are not his priorities and I have to ask over and over before it gets done.  I'm anticipating frustration so I'm feeling it already.

Ok, off to feed the baby again, fold a basket of laundry, and gather my cropping materials together because in an hour and a half off I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the nightmare of dinner hour!  You brought back some "wonderful" (said with tons of sarcasm!) memories of it.  Get out of work, drive to daycare, pick kids up, drive home, start dinner right away, feed everyone, do homework, give baths, tuck everyone into bed and start it all over again the next day!  UGGGHHHH!  How I hated that!  

Glad to hear about the new pastor at your church and that you may not have to go do the prep classes again.  That is one less thing you have to worry about now!

You sound like you have everything organized and ready to go.  I am sure that makes you feel so much better!
Hugs and love, Lisa