Thursday, July 22, 2004

Insomnia

As I put down the book I just started and turned out the light things just came together and suddenly thoughts were swirling in my head and I had to get up and distract myself from thinking about....

Talking to my mother and hearing about why she wasn't up to coming down to see the baby - she'd been to Cape May for a couple of days prior; having her pretty much confirm what an ass my uncle is for not letting my aunt come here alone but more importantly for not bringing her here or coming with her on the train.  That conversation is an entry unto itself but I'm not up to it right now.  Oh, and mention of my sister, my only sibling, the one who hates my guts...that sent me into a tailspin ...and that was just the beginning.

I moved on to the death of my friend's husband and remembering him from the old days when we were still in college, going to their wedding, parties at their house, etc.  I can't even put the awful feeling I'm feeling into words right now or think about how awful she must be feeling.  I need to get a Mass card and a sympathy card tomorrow.

Then I dwelled briefly on being at work in 10 days and not being with Piggers all day.  My sweet sweet baby girl.  That thought got me right out of bed to go to her crib and look at her in the glow of the nightlight.  Piggers, Katherine, Miss Kate, my baby!

So after catching up on some world news, reading the recap of today's episodes of AMC and OLTL, researching and finding out that the Japanese beetles are here to stay thanks to those stupid traps (I feel like I'm the last to find out that the best thing is for your NEIGHBOR to have the traps because by putting them out I drew more over here, UGH!) - anyway, after all that excitement I'm going to try going back to bed. 

Before all the negativity crept in today I did have a message from one of my "clients" telling me that things were not the same without me and that she looked forward to my return to work.  Let's just focus on that and my beautiful children lest I get tempted to pull in the welcome mat, draw all the blinds, and crawl under the covers for the duration!

Oh, I almost forgot - my great aunt who is the youngest sister of my granny, after whom Katherine is named, had her second leg amputated today as a result of complications from diabetes.  That will scare me away from the Lucky Charms and Oreos in a big fat hurry!  Poor Aunt Josie has endured 5 major surgeries in the past twelve months involving trying to save the legs and heart trouble added on. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, your entry summed up why I took Benedryl to sleep for 6 years!!! I was the same exact way at night.  I would read, feel tired, turn off the light and BAM, my brain would go crazy thinking of everything to the point of me worrying and feeling sick.  So, I would take the Benedryl, still be able to wake up when one of the kids got sick or cried, and go into that wonderful coma that I am not able to do on my own.  I now have to take a drug for my migraines that knocks me out, so at least I don't have to take Benedryl anymore.  But, I do feel for you going through all this when all you want to do is get some blessed sleep!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa