Saturday, July 3, 2004

This 'n That

"Until you value yourself,you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."  M. Scott Peck

Ok, so the Founding Father I would most like to party with this Independece Day is Thomas Jefferson because I share his love of gardening.  I would love to open a bottle of chardonnay and talk to him about my tomato plants, roses, peonies, clematis, etc.  And speaking of produce I have a question - when buying corn - who out there just bags the ears and who pulls back the husk to reveal....what are you looking for?  I have it on good authority that the grocery stores love when customers do that because they take that corn, husk it, package it, and sell it for like a jillion times the per ear price of corn in the husk...just curious!

I wish I could afford to buy a computer for my mom so she could get with the internet and start reading about how other people are living their lives in retirement.  Is it wrong to wish she'd get out and experience more and allows others to experience HER more?  Will she really finally make it down here (yes, the whole 3 hour trip) to see her new grandaughter?  We're just going to ignore the fact that she blew off our invitation to go on our Outer Banks vacation with us by dragging out her pat excuses and saying she'd think about it.  Did she think I'd ask her again?  Another missed opportunity for her and for me and for her grandkids.  Trying not to sound bitter.  Will have to research the computer thing even though I'm not crazy enough to think having it will make her use it or using it will be a motivator. 

Posting the following at the request of my new buddy Lisa... http://journals.aol.com/lisbnjvi/LisasMommyJournal

Picture from HometownKeep the torch burning to celebrate AOL Journal's 1 Year Anniversary

No comments: