Monday, July 26, 2004

SSDD

Although I tried to keep the house tidy all weekend I came downstairs this morning to rooms that look like a cyclone had been through them.  That would be Cyclone Jackson.  There is "stuff" everywhere and I do so like to have the stuff put away before the cleaning lady comes on Monday so here we go. 

I'm sitting here feeling guilty that I ate through almost a whole package of Oreos since Thursday.  The biggest favor I could do myself is to leave them at the store.  This is one of those days that were it not the last week of my maternity leave I would go back to bed just to hide out from what's bringing me down.  Not only am I not doing that today but I know that once I spend 30 mins whipping the kitchen and family room back into shape I'll feel much better.  Then on to the upstairs.  Today I will get Kate's daycare registration paperwork done and pick up her health form at the pediatrician's office.  The sun is trying to come out after a rainy weekend.  More later.

Tomorrow we will stop at the dr.'s office to get the health form.  The paperwork is done except for a piece of info that's in a file I can't locate.  The search will be on for that later tonight.  Yet again I'm thinking that after dinner and kid bedtime I will work a little on Jackson's scrapbook.  It looks like rain again.  The beetles seem to have moved on from my roses and butterfly bush but the black spot as reared its ugly head even with all of my vigilant spraying.  It's a wonder that I get the gorgeous roses that I do to cut and bring inside where we enjoy them immensely.  I would never win any garden club prizes for perfect roses on a perfect rosebush outdoors!

Those nasty Oreos are also gone.  I thought really hard about throwing the rest of them away but I did the right thing...I ate them!  I will not be buying them again.  They could be giving them away at Giant and they will not be crossing my threshold.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will never be a tidy house again, so don't even bother trying to fix it.  When you are in one room, they just discover the blocks you neatly put into their carrier and dump them onto the floor.  When you go into that room to clean up the blocks, they find the box of Legos' you sealed the top on, and somehow managed to get that open and dump them on THAT floor!  You get the picture!  So, just keep a nice clean path through each room and all should be well!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa