Sunday, July 25, 2004

What You Think About You Bring About Cont'd

How long have I been using a computer?  You'd think it was since yesterday because having not saved as I worked for the past hour or so I lost today's blog and I'm not starting over.  It will be totally different from what I'd originally written.  I hate that!

Well on Fri night I finished 3 scrapbook pages and most of a 4th and had a lot of fun with some new friends.  Sat. a.m. Jackson was antsy so I pulled out some new Play Doh and made this frog for him.  I may quit recruiting job and hire myself out to do these things at children's parties.  Or not....I think I'll hit the shower and see what I can accomplish today but first I have to say that as I look out on the patio with the kids' blow up pool, Playskook basketball hoop, sandbox, mini picnic table, and pile of seashells or the toy strewn family room with some baby gear (swing, bouncy seat) thrown in for good measure, I am happier today than I had been for most of my life!  I may not be at Mass today but I'm thanking God for every blessing in my life!My big accomplishment before I napped the afternoon away with the kids  yesterdaywas to finally sort through all of the baby clothes I'd been given for Kate from 3 different sources.  She now has clothes labeled and ready for this Fall/Winter, Summer '05 and Fall/Winter '05.  The too small already things are sorted out, as are the items to donate, and the things to give to S now that we know she's having a boy.  I am on the verge of having all of the residual maternity clothes and no needed baby clothes out the door!

Next weekend's project is to move Kate into her own room and set up the desk in our room.  Not the ideal place for the desk and computer but until we re-establish the office in the basement that is the best route for me to be doing things from home I think.  The plan is to put myself in the best possible position to do a little work after the kids go to bed.  Dragging everything back out onto the kitchen table after dinner is not an option and taking over the dining room?  I don't think so.  If only our neighborhood wasn't the land Verizon forgot when enabling access to DSL.  I could get high speed via cable with Comcast but we recently switched to DISH from cable.  ....feels like one step forward two steps back to me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Great playdoh froggy!!  Did you save it so it could harden?  Or did Jackson immediately SQUISH it after the pic?  That's what my kids would have done!  I always laugh when I am driving by people's houses and catch a glimpse of the colors red, yellow and blue in their yards.  I know then, that they have children under the age of 5 and are stockholders in Little Tykes!  What would we do without Little Tykes?!?!  I have a yard filled with stuff from them too.  WOO-HOO to you on the scrapbooking also!  I can't even manage to put my pictures onto a cd to save them in case my computer ever crashes, NEVERMIND actually printing them out and preparing a scrapbook!!  You are WONDERWOMAN!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa