Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Timing is Everything

It's a muggy hot day here in the nation's capital area.  Bad news for my roses again but the butterflies are practically swarming around the butterfly bush.  They are Eastern Tiger Swallowtails and I'm thinking they must be mating or something because they fly away from the flowers and do this sort of mid-air dance thing.  I'm wondering if the males are trying to establish dominance, etc.  Last year I found out that the pretty brown butterflies with the blue are actually the ETS females and not a different butterfly.  These yellow things are the males.

When I returned to work after Jackson was born I walked back into a huge project that involved a few days of work off site and longer hours.  Next week I go back to work after Kate and Jeff informs me that he will be going out of town but he doesn't know which day or for how long.  Hmmmm.  I have a Tuesday afternoon meeting and have to go to the downtown office for training on Thursday.  Anyone want to guess which day or days he'll be going?  And I still need to figure out what's going on with Metro because I'm seeing snippets on the news about some SmartCard that you have to purchase in order to use the parking garages/lots and ride the trains.  I'm thinking it will be less stressful if I take the train so I don't have to deal with timing my trip around the HOV restrictions.  Or maybe not.  I guess that will depend on whether Jeff is home or not.  HOV starts at 6:30 a.m. and so does daycare.  Not that there's any chance in hell that I would have myself and the kids (and the dogs encaged) ready by 6:30 anyway.  But for right now I am going to focus on what has to be done THIS week. 

Whew, what a day.  First of all it was the muggiest day of the year...at least it felt that way to me!

 

No comments: