Sunday, August 15, 2004

What's That Smell?

Jackson has a pair of sandals that he wears every day.  Last week they finally succumbed to whatever sweatmonster has been working on the plastic bottoms all summer.  They reek!  I've tried washing them with hot soapy water and spraying with Lysol but you can smell them from across the room AND they make poor prince's feet smell terrible....it's mid-August - do I throw them away and go buy another pair?  Yesterday I took them off to change his diaper and get him ready for his nap...he wanted to take the sandals into bed with him.  Ewww. 

I took a nice nap also as I'd had a busy morning with the girls.  Alex and I took Katherine to have her first studio portraits and it went off without a hitch.  Baby girl's pretty white dress fit perfectly.  She held her silver rattle, she smiled, she looked radiant.  Next it was off to Hecht's to try (again) to exchange the fluffy white snowsuit from Uncle Stephen for a larger size.  I may as well just make the trip to Montgomery Mall because none of the Hecht's in VA have these suits out on the floor yet.  You'd think Maryland was the Great White North or something.  I'm trying again tomorrow in Tysons after work. 

Next, we took my sapphire bracelet back to the jeweler to have the missing stone replaced.  I was hoping against hope that it was under some type of warranty and I lucked out.  The jeweler examined it with the loop, determined there had been no trauma, and said they would replace the stone for no charge.  YES! 

Finally, we stopped at Papyrus and found invitations for Kate's Christening.  I lucked out as I don't think that's a common thing and I waited until the last minute to finalize plans for the event.  We doing it on September 19 and haven't even decided who the godparents will be. 

It's hard to concentrate around here lately because the house is in a messy uproar.  Jackson is "cleaning out" his toybox at the moment and the whole family room is strewn with toys.  There is "stuff" all over the kitchen island and glasses & cereal bowls in the sink.  We have a week's worth of newspapers here and there and the front hall has at least 6 pairs of shoes, assorted mail, etc. etc.  Our room is also a big mess and I have the ironing board set up in the guest room/Kate's room, along with the last piece of the bassinet that I can't figure out how to disassemble, and the big suitcase full of infant boy stuff that I'm returning to Stacey...

Oh and the cat has returned full force to using the corner in the living room as a litter box.  I am off to Petsmart for a gallon of Nature's Miracle to dump there.  Thank goodness Susana & Sarah are coming to clean tomorrow.  I need to get her a new key.  So the plan is to have a few more gulps of my coffee, clean up this kitchen, throw in a load of wash, shower, then head for Home Depot to get keys made and then stop at the pet store.  I will take Jax with me as I think he will find the key making thing to be of interest.   Let's not even get into the chores that await when I return from that as listing them will probably send me back under the covers....and Sunday is supposed to be a day of REST.  I will shoot for getting myself to Mass next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical Sunday to me!!  Remember the days when EVERYTHING was closed on Sunday?!?  Sometimes I think those were the good ole' days!  Now it's hustle and bustle because you only have 2 days in a weekend to do all your errands.  Sigh, I understand totally what you are saying!  About Jackson's smelly sandals, just go get him a few new pairs.  They are all on clearance now, so you should be able to find a few that will probably cost you a total of $5.00 for both pair!  He may even like them better and you will both be happy.  So, glad your daughter smiled pretty for the pics and actually behaved!  Lucky you!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right!  Just go get new sandals!  I'm trying to avoid the clearance sales and buying things that I'll have to store for next year...I'm still working on clearing out stuff we don't use anymore...like the size 4 clothes I fit into when I first moved down here 8 years ago....finally letting those things all go!  But clearance sandals I think I can handle!