Monday, August 9, 2004

Ding Ding...Round Two

Day 1 Week 2 and I start it off by turning off the 6 a.m. alarm and sleeping until 7:30.  Not a good thing when I'm due to present at new hire orientation at 8:45.  Then I couldn't find my car keys which also had my office keys...big panic, I'm hot, I'm sweating, I'm yelling, my feet hurt.  I find the keys inside the car.  I move my presentation to later in the a.m. and conduct my 9:30 meeting via cell phone from the car on the way in.  I deliver the 20 min. presentation in 6 minutes.  The new hires must think I'm a total basket case...and I'm holed up in my office for the remainder of the day, emerging only to search for food (luckily we bring in breakfast & lunch on orientation days), go to the ladies room, and do what I have to do in the mother's lounge.  I find it easier not to postpone the pumping if I set certain times that I will go.  I know I need a certain amount for Kate the next day and I have to do it so I just make myself do it.  Otherwise, I could be glued in my chair all day and not do it at all.  So I picked the kids up at 5:00, had a glass of wine, threw together a dinner....the baby fell fast asleep after nursing twice so I escaped to the garden to harvest some roses.  The one rose I have, called Heaven On Earth, is truly divine.  It's really dense like a peony and the scent is, well, it's heavenly.  I watered the hanging baskets with the geraniums, trimmed back the basil, watered the tomatoes, and brought in some black-eyed susans.  Something is going on in that veggie garden that isn't quite right...actually several things.  First, I think there is this stockpile of Miracle Gro or something because the basil and one of the tomato plants are out of control.  Then, apparently Chloe has stomped all over that eggplant that's really a pepper so I had to cut it way back.  Finally, my cucumber plant disappeared.  There is an empty space where it was last time I checked and it had a few little cucumbers.  Now it's gone.  I think I need to get a nanny cam going out there.  I know Chloe (aka big fat bad doggie) helps herself to a green tomato every morning and probably stomped the pepper plant...but the disappearing cukes are a real mystery.

Tomorrow is another boring day in the office (yeah, right!) but the excitement starts again on Wednesday when I'm scheduled to be downtown again for the day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, you actually make me miss going into the office!  NOT!  Sounds like a hectic day woman!  I don't know how you do it, I couldn't keep up.
Hugs and love, Lisa