Thursday, August 12, 2004

The Best Thing

The best thing about going back to work is picking up the kids...Jackson lets out a little squeal of delight when he sees me and comes barreling over to me.  Kate gives me her big smile, making sure to show off her dimple.  I just want to inhale them sometimes.  I guess the next best thing would be that more than a few people have said they're REALLY glad I'm back...as in now things will finally start moving again.  Our region is the fastest growing of 9 in the country and we're hiring for tax like crazy.  I just love a good frenzy...So as the 2nd week winds down I have my hands on maybe 30% of what I'll ultimately be doing.  I've been to the DC office twice in two weeks...usually it's that many times in a year that I have to be there, and I've been working from home two days.  Next, I must plan a trip to the Philly office to bond with the partners there.  That's usually a big love-fest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about wanting to just "inhale" your children.  It's the first thing I do when I am away from the kids for a day (which isn't often, believe me!!).  I go over hug them and get a big whiff of their own "smell".  It's such a wonderful thing!!!  You are busy, busy, busy girl!!!  That's a good thing!
Hugs and love, Lisa