Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I need to get back to bed. I'm up after feeding the baby. I feel asleep in Jackson's bed and never got up to finish addressing the invitations for the Christening. Also, I never called Dillon to ask him to be Kate's godfather. Rachel said she would love to be Kate's godmother so Jeff and I are feeling really good about this decision to have the kids be godparents. I feel like I could start
my work day right here and now as I'm up and functioning but my hand is somewhat numb so I think I need to go get some more rest. I finally went to ask the dr. about the hand thing as I don't think it's carpal tunnel. He is having me get it x-rayed. I should have walked right over to the radiology place after my appt. with him yesterday but I needed to get to the office.
Baby steps. That's what FlyLady encourages and it applies everywhere, especially to this over 40 new mom returning to work after 2nd baby.
I was feeling really confident about the stability of my job at the moment but now I'm not so sure. I had a conversation with a colleague yesterday and learned that the oursourcing of jobs to India is impacting HR in that we have reduced HR headcount in proportion to the number of jobs going to India. There are a few HR opportunities to work in India but not everyone is in a position to go for those.
However, for the moment we are hiring like gangbusters at higher levels in tax and I think my clients prefer their recruiter to be in front of them on the ground. Not so sure they wouldn't want to make do with less and have a one stop shopping arrangement with HR manager and recruiter in one though. I couldn't be that person but the new HR manager could very well be....and they are trying this model out in Boston. Just a thought.
Going back to bed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if they send all the HR jobs to India, but as far as my preference, I would want my HR person right here, speaking English, understanding MY needs, not just on a phone or email giving me the standard responses they were told to give!  I think your job is safe for a few more years at least!  I can't believe you were up at 4:20 worrying about invitations!!!  Man, a mother's work is never done is it?!  Hope you got some sleep!
Hugs and love, Lisa