Monday, August 2, 2004

Anticlimactic

I am so digging this blue font these days. 

Got up this a.m., got the kids & myself ready to roll, dropped them off at daycare, and got to the office at a reasonable hour....no knot in my stomach, no dry mouth, no anxious feeling.  I did what I had to do in the office, had lunch with a new colleague, pumped twice, and picked up the kids at daycare by 3:30.  I was exhausted shortly after hitting home but caught a mini 2nd wind.  Kate must have exhausted herself being cute all day because she has nursed twice but fell asleep shortly after coming home and is out like a light.  I think Jeff fell asleep in Jackson's bed during the snuggling that follows the story reading.  I'm glad for a little quiet but awake time.  This going back to work after maternity leave is much less stressful the second time around.  I did miss angel baby but had her picture hung right above my computer before I did anything else today.  Jackson's mug is already plastered all over my office.  I am one proud Momma!

Work will be making me crazy by week's end, no doubt about it.  Maybe I am already crazy because I told the boss today that I am not getting spun up about things anymore because no matter how much I put into what I do it's always too little too late and I have no control over whether people we hire turn out to be giant assholes after they look so good on paper and interview well, etc., nor do I have control of whether they're happy once they get here....no my yob!  Anyway, I said I'm letting this get to me anymore.  If I get so upset that I think I'm going to lose it I'll just quit.  To put it into context recruiting is crazy busy right now for us, I've been out 14 weeks and he's been doing my job, plus his own, plus, plus, plus...  He knows I'm a true blue loyal person and love the firm and just said that for effect.  ha ha @@

Anyway, it was nice to come back to an uncluttered office.  The time I took to really clean house before I left has paid off!  I also feel like the slate is clean and I can make a fresh start before things get bogged down in the inevitable messes they do that it is my job to sort out as the recruiter.  People actually think this stuff is easy.  Hah!  The process looks fine on paper but you have to remember those are human beings behind the "interviewer" and "interviewee" and the "hiring manager".  People change their minds, they cancel, they have unreasonable expectations, they get (I just love this term) squirrely.  Why do I love what I do?  It's in my blood, I guess.  Maybe that's why my friend Kathy calls me Clarke the Shark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had you around here in case I needed to go back to work full time!  I always had a "headhunter" who would find the right place for me so I didn't have to go through all the bs of circling the job, sending the resume, etc., etc.  They always got me the best jobs and the highest pay.  Sadly around this area, they are almost non-existent now.  And, if you don't have a degree, see ya', they don't even bother with you.  "Oh, you have 15 years legal experience?  That's all fine and dandy, but did you get a degree, any degree from any kindof college?  No, oh, well, thank you, buh-bye.".  Thank goodness I am not looking anymore or I would be in deep doo doo!!!  I am glad your day went well for you and that the kids were fine when you got home.  PHEW!  
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  The blue font is pretty and all, but maybe make it "bold" so it can be read easier.  Or, maybe I am just getting old!  LOL!