Monday, August 30, 2004

Weekend Highlights

Discovering SuperTarget had to be the best of the weekend.  Jackson going with me was very fun and finding his new Spiderman dishes and cutlery made it a special thing.  The kids were all fun this weekend and with Alex's help Jackson discovered a sense of achievement in going on the potty.  He may wear that Finding Nemo underwear yet!

I made it to Mass yesterday.  I managed not to obsess about the work stuff I didn't finish on Friday and just took the weekend off from it all.  Katherine rolled over again.  This would be the second time she's performed this new trick.  Have I mentioned recently what a joy she is?  What a tremendous gift to be lucky enough to be her Mommy!

Jackson's shelf went up - thank you Jeff!  Now his room is "done" but I still maybe want to get some more things for the walls.  I think I will hold on that until something really cool strikes my fancy.  The desk in my room got put back together and so with the computer phone jack I can set up to work in there and don't have to move my stuff at dinnertime, won't have all my work papers on the kitchen table, can keep the printer there vs. the dining room, etc.  Not an ideal location to set up work and I'm nervous about it upsetting the feng shui balance I've tried to create in there but on the other hand I view my room as my haven, my oasis, my secure and comfy place, my nest.  I've been feeling a lot of "if only I could do this up in my room" as far as journaling, etc. goes.  I'm liking this idea.

No comments: