Saturday, August 28, 2004

R.I.P. Ruby

My beta fish died yesterday. Poor Ruby looked totally gross there in the bowl but I had to clean him out of there before Jackson saw it.  So the bowl is clean and the snal is in there by herself and no one has noticed the fish is missing.  Such a sad testimonial to Ruby's life.  I'm tempted to stop at PetSmart for another beta today but not sure if I should observe a suitable period of mouring first.  Is a day long enough for a fish who was with us for a year and a half?

In another matter I got about half as much done at the crop last night than I would have if I'd really prepared and taken the stuff I needed to finish Jackson's book or start the book that will have my baby pictures juxtaposed with Jackson's to highlight the fact that he looks so much like I did as a youngster.  It was nice to get out of the house with time to devote to the photos and scrapbooks.  I'm thrilled Maureen and I have discovered each other and are becoming good friends and Allison is the perfect consultant and hostess as far as I'm concerned.

Lots of errands today and oh, there goes that laundry pileup again!  I'm enjoying Jeff's homemade cornbread (we eat it with butter & honey) and a hot cup of home brewed Starbuck's coffee.  I'm invited to a Tatouage Party at the home of a former neighbor but don't know whether I'll be able to swing all I have to do and going.

I really don't want to say it and not do it and I'm a little, what shall I call it, ashamed, that I am thinking of going to Mass tomorrow just to meet the new pastor who I've just learned is a good friend of a good friend.  Or shall I say "whatever works" and get my butt to the church on time? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, anything that gets you to church is good enough!  No need to feel guilty right?  Sorry about your beta fish.  I refuse to buy them because they look so "sad" in that bowl all by their lonesome.  And, then the people at the pet stores will tell you you can't buy another one for the same bowl or they will kill each other.  Sigh, such a lonely existence.  Here's a suggestion, go and get the "feeder goldfish" at the pet stores.  They are the goldfish that people buy to feed their other fish, eels, etc., and they cost a whopping .25 each!  I have had my 4 for almost 4 years now and they are still doing great!!!  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Ruby.  

What's a Tatouage Party?  This mean little ink drawings on your body after you get bombed, or what?

Anonymous said...

Note to Rish - That's Tat-Twaaaage!  And you must say with a cheesy French accent as in "no, eet ees not a steecker, eet is TAT-Twaaaage!"