Sunday, August 8, 2004

Ree's Birthday

Kate and I made it to New Jersey and back for the party.  What fun to see a friend from long ago (notice I didn't say old friend...we're the same age) and spend some quality time on her actual birthday, no less.  I think that after 40 everyone should start throwing themselves birthday parties.  It was a fabulous Fall-like day and just a warm and wonderful good time with Ree and her family including sisters and Mom.  Katherine was a big hit as she was an angel baby, gave everyone big big smiles, & had on an adorable outfit right down to the matching sweater and blanket....this is always a big hit in my crowd.  It was a bit of a stretch driving home afterward as I was very tired but my mind was very active after reconnecting with old friends AND two different radio stations had on 70's dance party type programs so Piggers and I did the disco thing all the way back to Virginia. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the 70's dance party mixes they do on the radio!!  Donna Summer all the way baby!!  Hee-hee!  I dance while driving and the kids think I am totally nuts!  I am glad you had a great time at the party and it was a gorgeous day today wasn't it?!  I wish it would stay like this all year long, no more heat!  But, it's coming back on Thursday they say, BLAH!  I hope the "boys" had a nice day too!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

The weather WAS truly perfect.  The day could only have been more perfect if Jeff and Jackson had been with me and if our friend Terry had made it down.  It was so good to see old friends.  The good feeling from Saturday will be with me for a while...just like when that nice man in the grocery story said that babies are Gods gift to the future.