Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm Here, I'm Still Here

 have been MIA for a bit haven't I? Work's been an ordeal. I've
been blogging a bit on my scrapbook.com page (I'm ScrapJoy there) and
I've also been interacting with the group I'm getting to know on
another scrapbook site (A Scrapping Friendsy if anyone is interested
in what that is). I started a 2nd journal - possibly to torture
myself because now I have two that I feel I don't write in often
enough - but the 2nd I picked up because I was on the road and felt a
need to write about what I was reading in a book called "Devotions
for Lent". I just got home from Mass a little while ago, a Mass that
I almost didn't go to because I was running late. I thought about
going this evening to another church but lately I've felt a
connection with my own that's stronger than it had been before. What
I have to share is that I decided to get in the shower and go to
12:15 Mass at my own church even though I'd be walking in part way
through. I was so glad that I did that I talked to the priest about
it afterward because I literally walked in during the sermon and
heard him say the very things I needed to hear today as I struggle
with the nonsense in the workplace. Without giving you the whole
rundown it was basically about Jesus' suffering and the fact that He
is right here in our lives every single day with us not just hanging
on the cross in an empty church and that by letting go of fear and
putting our faith in Him great things occur and we are taken care
of. Landing in the job I'm in right now was a miracle at the time
and I knew it. I need to make a move now and I was foolish to worry
that I wouldn't be taken care of again. It will all be fine.
I didn't mean to get preachy right there - just wanted to share what
I experienced today. (Whether you believe or not - just sharing my
experience - hope I didn't offend anyone with the religious aspect as
it's not my intention to try to push that on others or cause
controversy.)
Also, another revelation. I have my dining room table pushed down to
the far end of the dining room right in front of the double window
and I'm sitting here right now realizing it would be the perfect
place to have a home office/art studio because it looks out over the
backyard which is the most beautiful area of our property - My
dogwood tree is directly in my line of sight out there.

No comments: