Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Soul Magnifies the Lord

And Mary said

My soul doth magnify the Lord,

And my spirit hath rejoiced

In God my Saviour.

For the that is mighty

Hath done to me great things;

And holy is His name.

Luke 1:46-47, 49

 

Maybe ecstatic is pushing it a bit but there was no option for elated to describe how I’m feeling.  I don’t typically get all religious on my blog but had to stop and testify to the fact that just as God carried me through a previous bad time on the job He’s led me to the right people to have the right conversations so that I can be in a better spot once again.  “My work here is done” is about right to sum up my current gig and I have something in the works but in the interim there appears to be some project work to keep me busy (and out of trouble) and so I can transition next week rather than playing the waiting game to see if the new position pans out or not. 

I am so eternally grateful that God has not only shown me that the only way to go is to rely on Him completely but has delivered the right thing yet again.  There’s no need to fear or panic….so now I’m off to make dinner then try out a kick-boxing class. 

And in my head I’m singing Boston’s

 Don't Look Back

(Scholz)
Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin'
Today is the day

I can see
It took so long to realize
I'm much too strong
Not to compromise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

It's a new horizon and I'm awakin' now
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin'
the clouds are breakin'
'Cause I can't lose now, there's no game to play

I can tell
There's no more time left to criticize
I've seen what I could not recognize
Everything in my life was leading me on
but I can be strong

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

 

No comments: