Thursday, March 13, 2008

Now Hear This!

My very own baby sister (I'm 46 and she's 43 but she'll always be my baby sister) won 2nd prize at the Philadelphia Flower Show for a floral arrangement she worked on with another designer (whose name I don't know but when I find out I'll give her props)!!!!!!

Yay Valerie!!!!

Val started designing about 25 years ago - geez time flies! and does a lot of wedding flowers and special event type things. 25 years worth is a lot of flower petals! You go girl!!! Big Sis is so proud of you!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great!  I was planning to go to the Flower Show and Lee said he would even go with me but I got the flu.  We were in New Orleans two years before the floods and wanted to see the replicas of the gardens.  I took a bulb class at Tyler Arboretum at Swarthmore College several years ago on forcing bulbs.  The instructor entered the show annually.  It was fascinating to hear about the Flower Show culture from a contestant. I'm sure it was very stressful for Val.  Has she done this before? Please let us know what it was your sister arranged and if she has her own business.  Winning at that level is a BIG DEAL, if you've never gone to the show.

Diane