Sunday, September 5, 2004

SuperTarget has Drawbacks

The weather is lovely this Labor Day weekend.  My sweet son is singing along with the movie.  Something has happened to him over the past couple of days (knock wood) as his whiner seems to be on the blink.  We hit the mall yesterday to take him for his quarterly haircut and he is just more precious than ever :)

I made it to Mass - woo hoo two in a row!  I introduced myself to the new pastor who is the friend of a friend as well as the brother of a guy who works at the same firm as I do.  He will be baptizing Kate in 2 weeks.  I must invite him over for the party afterward. 

Lunch is over, Kate is napping, and now I must get Mr. Man up for his nap.  The roses need some attention although they haven't suffered much from the "neglect" of the past month.  The Japanese beetles seem to have taken the hint and scrammed and there are pink, yellow, peach, red, yellow, and coral blooms out there.  I must go deadhead them and maybe bring a few lovely ones inside to enjoy.

So happy to have one more day "off" although I can't stop thinking about work and all there is to do.  On Wednesday I am "interviewing" for a new position within the firm.  I should add research what would be the new functional area for me before I have this phone interview.

Ok, so the drive to Leesburg is well worth the variety of Edy's Frozen Whole Fruit bars and the much lower price on these and other Clarke family essentials, however,   the fact that I cannot make my wine purchses there really chaps my ass....that, and the fact that the clerk behind the deli counter had no idea what she was doing - sliced regular roasted turkey for me vs. smoked turkey, etc.  and they don't carry Boar's Head brand.  For these items I will be making the visit to Giant.  I cannot do without my BH mesquite smoked turkey!

Ok, so I fudged a litttle earlier when I said I was happy - actually I was a little edgy and anxious but now I'm happy.  An old friend stopped by and she saw Kate for the first time and did a tour of the house to see what improvements we'd made since her last visit, etc. and remarked what a beautiful baby, what a gorgeous son, what a happy seeming life - aaaah, all is well and Jeff just brought dinner off the grill.  Now I'm really happy!

No comments: