Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Christening

Click to view originalThe christening was a huge success - HUGE.  Katherine was in the best mood, rare form, you name it.  She looked surprised when the first trickles of water hit her head but then she laughed out loud.  After church we changed into her party dress (see pics from photographer) and she was carried around all afternoon with two breaks to nurse.  Jackson was a well behaved little man both in church and afterward at the party.  The day was gorgeous, the company was wonderful and the food was delicious!  I love to throw a good party.  Thank goodness my mom was there to help put the leftover food away because there was a ton of it that had not even been touched.  I'd ordered extra and the caterer also gave me extra on top of it.  We'll be having stuffed shells quite often!  This is Kate before it all started but after we opened her gifts from her godparents - note gold bangle on Princessina's wrist...there is also a crucifix around her neck.  She was born to wear gold!  Holding her is her godfather Dillon who is as cute as they come.  Having just celebrated his 16th birthday he spent the weekend doing "family stuff" and so I have got to just love him love him love him for being such a sweet young man!  Not that he's an angel by any stretch but he did homework on the drive down here. 

Open movie in new windowYes, that's right, Mom was here and we had a lovely visit.  She really does hate to be away from home so who knows when I'll be able to lure her back here.  Having her here makes me want her to come again.  And so this isa pic of my two mothers - mother mother and godmother.  The one who I really wish llived down the street or who could visit monthly is my own godmother, Aunt Dee.  We would be like two peas in a pod...I was so happy they were here and have to say that as my father was at the wedding - coming through for me when I really needed him - these two were there and I really needed them to be.  I won't get into the psychodrama of my mom being at her soninlaw's sister's out of town wedding the following weekend after not being at my own wedding, etc. etc. But I do have to comment on a new fact I gleaned from our last conversation - my sister and BIL now have a dog to add to the 5 kids scenario and they named it "Rudy", which is a fantastic name but it also happens to be my beloved Grandfather's name.  Now that in itself may be ok but my Granny had this thing about names and nearly died when my mom wanted to name a cat "Stanley" which had been her own father's name....what is up with that????  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are the pics?!?!?!  I wanted to see some pics!!  WAAHHHHH!  There, I cried instead of your daughter!  Hee-hee!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Family.  Can't live with 'em.  Can't divorce em.  Gotta find a way to love them through their eccentricities (because it's gotta be something wrong with them... we're perfect  ::cough::).

Looks like a beautiful day, CJ.