Thursday, June 17, 2004

Count your blessings

As if I didn't already thank God every day for my wonderful family, beautiful home & precious children the point gets driven home yesterday by the news from friends of a marriage on the rocks and the loss of a job.  Automatically I switch into "what can I do to help" mode.  Right now I have my hands full so I'll just pray for them and look for opportunities to listen and pass along a resume, etc. 

Another reason for the quiet mood is that maternity leave is zipping right by and I'm enjoying this time so much I hate to think of it ending.  There are many things planned for the upcoming weeks including a surprise 60th birthday party for the neighbors, a weekend in Ocean City, NJ, a week in the Outer Banks, visits from my mother, godmother & MIL, Kate's Christening.  The most important thing to me is the time I spend bonding with the baby though.  Right now I'm feeling sort of panicked about having to be away from her all day and I did not feel this way with her brother.  I'm much more conscious of the fact that now, while she's an infant, she would benefit so much more from being with me all day.  Once she's closer to age one and into the learning, socializing, etc. she will benefit, just as Jackson does, from the experience at daycare.  He goes to a wonderful place with wonderful teachers who love him.  He's learned a ton and is always having fun when I pick him up.  Let's see how I feel in a month or so when I'm preparing to go back to work.  Here is Jackson's Christening Day - Feb 24, 2002. 

No comments: