Friday, January 7, 2005

I've met my Beryl

Are you a person who believes two souls can bond together so very tightly at first meeting, like they were destined to be soulmates, share a brain, understand one another, be another's shoulder, etc?  That is my La F.  We met when I returned to work from maternity leave; bonded instantly.  She understands what I'm trying to say when I can't sputter it out and she understands what I'm not saying.  Of course she's not perfect - who is?  Not me!!!  Just had to memorialize the fact that I've met a friend like my mom's friend Beryl...I'm so lucky to have so many good friends, no seriously, REALLY good friends.  I'm talking about seriously beautiful human beings who GET ME.  Some of them are from years ago, some of them are newer, some are brand new, some are cyber friends I've never met....how lucky am I?  How lucky am I that on my short journey I've met my perfect partner, worked in a job I only dreamed about, gave birth to two children who I consider gifts from God entrusted to my care, and on top of all that have a support system that self-help books are written about?  Ok, I am my own worst critic, I've been accused of being a perfectionist (whatever), but I have succeeded in drawing to myself some of the most amazing, intelligent, talented, beautiful inside and out, awesome women....I am rich beyond my wildest imaginings.  But I'm off topic - finding my Beryl in La F & what this means to me - this means that all the stupid nonsense that comes out of my mouth, she knows what to take seriously and how to take as nonsense stuff that sounds serious.  She knows I speak from my heart about things I care about, that I care about the right things, that my ego is not wrapped up in it.  What a gift it has been to still be finding friends as awesome as my La F to add to the other wonderful women in my life AT MY AGE!!!...Take heart everybody - genuine people really do exist out there!!!  God Bless You La F, you are truly amazing.  Thank you for your understanding & support and for being you.  xo

No comments: