Friday, April 18, 2008

How Do You Spell Misery?

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-E-S

As much as I love the flowering redbuds, dogwood, tulips, daffodils, and everything else coming up around here I am in such misery. I've taken my Zyrtec, an Allevert, and sudafed sinus headache medicine. On top of itchy, stuffy sinuses I have a nagging pain in my (don't laugh) neck and now my nose is totally red and my lips are chapped too.

I ran around today picking up favors for dd's party tomorrow and came back planning to do laundry and pack my scrap stuff up to go crop at Angela's but I am so miserable I don't want to be out anywhere even if I did have the energy to get my act together. I did pull together the yummiest dinner and as an added treat for dh whipped up the breakfast blintz bake that I make for Easter every year. He's beside himself. That was my insurance in case he was annoyed that I was going to scrap but instead it's my insurance in case he's annoyed that I've taken to my bed again. Have I mentioned I'm miserable? The windows are closed and the air is on but that is offering only minimal relief. ok, I'm done - gonna go back to the scrabble because I am in no mood to scrap with this nagging pain in the neck and the noseblowing - I despise having to put down my ATG gun to blow my nose! If this sounds like a pity party you're very astute because I am feeling so sorry for myself at the moment!!!! I just pray that this clears up a little bit for the party tomorrow so I can really enjoy dd enjoying it!!

This just in…I took another allevert and as I was eating it read the box and saw that it has aspartame in it! Very odd because I have been taking this drug when my allergies get really severe since last summer and never had the nutrasweet reaction. It’s not making a dent though – I’ve taken as much of everything as Ican without being nervous about taking too much and it’s just not taking away these itchy stuffy sinus symptoms. Slipping back into the pity party so I’m reining it in, LOL

Just wrapped DD’s birthday gifts and they’re soo pretty in Littlest PetShop paper with pink background and lots of light pink ribbon. She’s gonna just squeal with delight when she sees them and opens them!! I’ve set the alarm for quarter to early and hopefully I’ll be able to spring out of bed, dress, run out for milk and special birthday donuts and get her to soccer on time! Back home and then off to Great Country Farm – hope it’s a wonderful magical beautiful day and the rain holds off until after it’s over. She’s so excited!!

No comments: