Saturday, December 11, 2004

Selfish

We were invited to two parties tonight.  One was an adult only gig and I started looking for a baby sitter way too late so scratch that one.  The other was an open house that began at 5:00 p.m. Jackson's nap lasted until 6 and then Kate fell asleep.  I really wanted to stay at home anyway.  It's not that I didn't want to go.  I did.   It's just that I'd rather stay at home.  After a lovely day together I wanted to just hang out with my boys and my girl.  I hope the kids like us when we're older because we won't have any friends left.  Seriously, we get so little quality time together as a family that I just revel in it when we have a day like today.  We went to the mall to get Jackson's hair cut, did a little Christmas shopping, had lunch, came home and relaxed a bit.  I must wrap Jackson's birthday presents as we are celebrating at home tomorrow.  I'm also baking cupcakes and making party bags for him for school on Monday.  I want him to feel really special with this birthday as lately he's been wanting to be the baby, be Kate, be in the crib, etc.  How my life has changed in three years.  These kids really center me and also love my husband all the more for making it possible for me to be their mother.  I am one of the luckiest people in the world and count my blessings every day!

No comments: