Saturday, November 29, 2008

Freecycling Rocks!

Last night I scored a 6 ft, four shelf metal unit from someone on Cascades Freecycle! We've said we needed about 6 more to move forward in organizing our basement so we can move forward on finishing it off little by little. Just by sitting at the computer I gave away a really old 10 speed bike and got the shelving. I love FREECYCLE!! Later I have to look through my garage sale pile and pull out the kitchen housewares stuff for another freecycler who is setting up household. Bye bye old glassware and cannisters! I have so much more to do but with every item that goes out the door and into the hands of someone who is actually in need of it - makes me feel so satisfied!! I think Jeff just got hom efrom picking up the shelving - YAY!
Now we'll fight over where to put it - my vote goes to the kids' area so we can stack their bins of toys, at least on the bottom two shelves. Seriously this organizing can be so overwhelming but by focusing on getting rid of things a little at a time it's not so daunting. I need to go through my closet to make sure I have no more small size slacks because I have a home for them if I find any.

No comments: