Wednesday, October 22, 2008

back to what was i thinking

Ok, I had my hands really full before but this week started commuting into DC (planes, trains, buses) and I have to just wake up in action mode, get ready and leave to catch the bus. No time to think, help, eat, etc. Unless I get up earlier... I know this is a new thing and will settle into a routine but last night I fell asleep putting Jackson to bed and slept in his twin bed all night with him. I mean straight through. Meaning I didn't hear the 6:00 alarm and got up at 7 so no 7:14 bus for me today. So I'm on this bus and I need a tissue but used them all yesterday because I have this headcold. It seems I need to create a master plan here around meals, activity schedules, homework, laundry (to make sure everyone's activity uniforms are clean and ready). So yes Miss Smarty pants who was conducting it all like Leonard Slatkin with the Washington Symphony, well yes she's stumped boys and girls.
Now I'm back on the bus after a day of sitting in front of my computer doing an online orientation. When I opted to leave iknew there was a tight window to make the 5:45 bus. What I didn't expect was that both the bus and the train would shut their doors in my face and pull away. If it had,it happened on the metro I would have been on the earlier bus. How on earth am I going to do this? I'm thinking cook meals ahead of time on the weekend...yeah right. Everyone's clothes are getting laid out the night before. Lunches made. Breakfast thought out. I definitely need that 2nd dose of Adderall each day to keepfoused on all that needs to get done. I knew this was coming all the while I was underemployed all summer. My new adventure...YIKES!!

No comments: