Sunday, July 23, 2006

Two Weeks Into It

Two weeks into the new gig and I'm loving life.  There are a few things work related that I'm thinking about because they're pending and I need to get on top of them but it's nothing like the constant angst about where to find candidates for hard to fill positions and which ones to devote the necessary chunks of time to and by process of elimination which ones to ignore  - which always led me to live the big lie and think I could give everything the attention it needed.  Ah well, no need to even go down that tought path any longer.  It's someone else's responsibility now and I have new ones.

The commute into the city is about 15 mins longer than I was doing to Tysons.  Getting up at 5:30 and getting there before 7:30 is a piece of cake and I get more time to ramp up before others come in and track me down.  Leaving by 4:00 is very cool because I'm picking up the kids earlier and am not as rushed to get dinner on the table.  Not thrilled about parking on the street and having the car out there on busy Wisconsin Avenue all day PLUS it's so dang hot these past two weeks - I cannot remember getting into a car as hot as mine has been this past week though I'm sure it would be impossible if I were driving the black on black BMW still.  I think I need to give up my parking in Tysons and save the money for the duration of this project.  It will help with the additional gas from the slightly shorter commute and fewer days working from home. 

Still have the urge to pinch myself to make sure I'm awake and this is for real and the stress is really gone.  I know there will be stressful days with this but I just can't believe the pressure will get to the point it was in the past six months with recruiting.  Talk about catching a break when I needed it the most!  Someone is looking out for me!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool that you're liking the new spot.  I didn't realize that you were moving locations too.  Sometimes a little change in scenary goes a long way.  I think that's why I liked temping way back when.  Walk in, solve a problem, move on.