Saturday, July 8, 2006

Some Really Good Karma Finally Reaching my House

What a nice long break this week has been, a much needed long break.  Without very little angst I managed to get my work wrapped up for year end and to hand off and my paperwork completed and submitted for starting in my new role on Monday.  Also cleared with the partner my trip to Chicago for training.  Things have been really good for us - we love our house though we talk continuously of plans for improvements.  Our kids are terrific though we talk about how nice it would be to be awakened by an alarm clock at 8 a.m. vs. them at 6:30 every morning.  I love my job and my company even though work had gotten extremely stressful of late so after talking with my coach about the plan I had mapped out and with her urging me to take a few steps farther I had some conversations leading to my new role in HR and out of recruiting as well as the opportunity to be trained to facilitate a class on coaching skills.  Coach Lynn feels as I do that getting in with the group trained to deliver the coaching skills training gets me a little closer into the department where I ultimately want to work.  Now may not be the right time for me as they are just mapping things out organizationally but it's a great sign that they're now waiting for that to be complete before rolling out the training to our managers and partners.  Can you say jazzed?  I'm a little nervous but I totally love the idea of coaching and am going to have a blast with this training.....It was a little odd at first to actually have the green light to go ahead and stop knocking my head against that brick wall that is tax recruiting.  Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge and the rewards of that role were many - especially the people I've gotten to know better after they joined us and still count among my friends there.  But I finally knew I'd had enough and needed to make a change.  What an awesome opportunity I've been given!! 

No comments: