Saturday, January 28, 2006

This is getting boring huh?

Alex is here this weekend and she suggested Jeff take her and Jax to the movies.  Jackson has never been to a movie at a theater. 

I'm still in my nightshirt straightening up the house - e.g. clearing out a bunch of stuff from Kate's drawers that no longer fits so her clothing isn't stuffed in and we can actually find socks in the morning.  I dressed her in a really cute pink cordouroy dress just because she's been wearing jeans and turtlenecks all week and I wanted to dress her up.  Now I have to figure out a place for us to go maybe.  It's almost her nap time so that buys me some time to take a shower, etc.

Tomorrow Jax and I will go to mass.  Our new church, Our Lady of Hope, opened last weekend.  I had stopped going weekly and when I restarted around Thanksgiving I began attending at the newer parish right up the road a piece vs. my old parish in the town we used to live in.  I stayed with the old one because I'd been active  as a lector, etc. prior to having the kids and this new parish didn't even form until a year or so after we moved here and I didn't know about it right away....they built a big church and a Catholic elementary school and started raising money for the church which was finished recently and dedicated on 1/17.  It's really a neat structure - they call it modern gothic - see drawing attached and here is the link to the parish website.   http://www.ourladyofhope.net/about.asp   I've been thinking I'd like Jackson to go to the school but haven't discussed with Jeff yet.  First thing's first - I haven't even registered in the parish yet.  

Sounds like a typical weekend for me - I don't have a big plan.  We usually spend the weekend trying to get the house tidied up from the busy week. grocery shopping, etc. before starting back into the grind all over again.   I need to get up to see my mom - the weekend I had was all set to go turned out to be when my friend's Stephen's memorial service was held and I felt like I needed to go to that. 

No comments: