Sunday, August 15, 2010

Is it really mid-August? School Supplies Blues

Summer has been a blur....no surprise there....


this has been quite the weekend - this is what's gone on....

I was uninvited to a reunion that I'd previously been invited to (it was just teasing, good thing I'm not sensitive?)...

I drove 40 minutes to a friends to work on layouts for my kids' school scrapbook and forgot most of the pictures I'd planned to use...

The track ball on my NEW blackberry died ...

I went to the A T & T store to blackberry track ball replaced knowing there was a chance they didn't do service at that location....45 mins later it was confirmed that they do not do service at that location...I do not like to waste 5 mins much less 45!

In between all that I subjected myself to a bikini wax....no, I don't wear a bikini!

I got home and baked brownies. While they were on the back of the stove cooling one of the boxers, not sure whether it was Dumb or Dumber, managed to drag the pan forward and slurp a sizable chunk out of the middle.....precious puppies...

Weather forecast for tomorrow is thunder showers...do I commute into DC or work from home? Pros and Cons to both....

I cannot believe that school starts up in 3 weeks....the good news is that I ordered all of the school supplies from Amazon.com, got free shipping, and the prices are comparable to what's in Target....

What happened to going back to school with a new school bag, pencil case, two sharpened #2 pencils, a red pencil and a pink pearl eraser? I spent nearly $100 on school supplies and I'm not quite done. There's another $25-$30 on the list of things needed. Granted, I did not go to public school. My mom paid tuition but I have to believe that I'm shelling out more per year per child now for public school than she paid in tuition for the whole year?

I wonder how many pairs of Fiskars blunt tip kid scissors I will end up buying before I'm done? I think I've already bought a minimum of a half dozen.

I guess I should be grateful neither is into clothes at the moment - track pants and t-shirts work for him and whatever I buy is is fine with her because she sheds that and puts on her track pants and t-shirt as soon as she gets home...she's leading a double life...girly girl by school hours and tom-boy at home. Don't tell her I told you!

No comments: