Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sometimes it's ok to cry a little right?

Tonight it feels good to cry a little.
It's been a long time since I've let a few warm, salty drops seep out of the corners of my eye,
The house is quiet and I'm just thinking and just crying a little.
Why I'm crying? I'm not 100% sure.
But I think it's a little bit of so many different things,
a mosaic of bits and pieces of my life,
things I've done,
things I didn't get to do,
things I've said,
things said to me,
bad things that happen to good people,
missed opportunities,
people I don't get to see enough of,
things I've always wanted to do but don't think I ever will,
remembering places I've been that have touched my heart and my soul,
beautiful things,
the people in my life who are so genuine and so real that I wish I could tell them how much they mean to me but there are no words,
my beautiful children and my hope that I'm doing right by them and loving them enough,
for the times I haven't loved myself enough,
for days like today when I feel like a foolish old woman,
for the scariness of the bad economy,
for my Mom who's spent so much time alone,
for time spent away from my sister that we can never get back,
for the difficulty of the way the best lessons in life are usually learned,
for the wonderful experiences I've had and the memories, all of the memories,
for trying so hard to figure it all out then having days when I feel like I don't know a damn thing,
for beaches and waves and snowflakes and fires in the hearth and puppies,
for humanity and the earth and the moon and the stars,
for my faith,
in gratitude for all the blessings, for the opportunity to give back,
for sad things and frustrating things and bittersweet things and beautiful things, for the humbling that comes when I feel so inadequate but then knowing I am here for a purpose,
for the guts to do things things most people would rather not do,
for the courage to avoid taking the easy way out,
for being tired of always doing it the hard way,
I needed to cry a little today.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

love what you just expressed....and of course, it is okay to cry a little. good for the soul. you've just got yourself another follower of your blog. Here's to hoping you get some respite this upcoming weekend from your crazy week.

Kris Loya said...

I LOVE this and i love that you're the age you are and admitting all this and
it IS ok. Hugs.
you're a rockstar.

Cynde Jackson Clarke said...

Thank you Sherry! Thank you Inkster!