Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

My 45th birthday and I'm awake super early - actually got up to take cough medicine and stayed up to do two crossword puzzles, eat some corn chips, read some of Saturday's paper.  After putting in a load of wash, tidying the kitchen, and writing the kids' tuition check I think I will go back downstairs and crop for a bit since my scrapbooking things are still spread out all over the dining room table.  I have the day off to do whatever I want and while I have something from work to check into there are no emergencies there demanding my attention today.  I may go shopping - could definitely use a manicure - will probably swing by the library to see if there are any books I haven't read by my favorite authors - the sarcastic chick lit stuff - Jane Green, Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, etc.

I'm in a really good place right now and feeling really thankful about the blessings I'm fortunate to have and where I am in my life.  How's that for going from the mundane to the deep in a paragraph with no transition?

Would love to lose 20 pounds but I'll do it - maybe this will be the year that I do it.  Happy Birthday to me...I just love this quiet time when everything else is quiet and I am in touch with my own thoughts.

No comments: