Saturday, May 6, 2006

After the week off

I will have to admit that while I could most definitely use another full week off to putter around the house and garden that this week has served its intended purpose.  I feel recharged and energized to some extent.  The trip to visit the Mama took two days out of my plan but it was time well spent.  Having the files and "important papers" finally in order paved the way to making the appointment for estate planning.  The savings accounts for the little ones are finally open so all of their gift money can go right in and their nest eggs will grow.  I have miles to go but this campaign of getting rid of so much excess of everything is underway and paying off.  Wow, it was nice to come downstairs this morning to a really clean refrigerator!!  Sometimes it's the simple things that mean a lot....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need a week like that.  But sounds like your week was mostly alone during the day... and I wouldn't get that.  I would desperately like to just be alone for a few days to read, putter, sleep, etc.  

I have to say that I'm thrilled to see that someone else who should have known better hasn't done their estate planning yet either.  I have the paperwork too.  Should probalby do something with it sometime soon, eh?