Sunday, May 1, 2005

More on Today

A little gardening a little relaxing.  Virginia at its finest... Our yard looks its very best this time of year.  This year we had the landscaper clear a two foot band across the wild area in back.  This is not our property but obviously the wild area would encroach, etc.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out and it looks so neat and clean with the mulching in the back.  The dogs are sitting under a wild cherry tree which is flowering right now and shedding its petals like crazy.  At the top left is the bottom of my lilac bush.  I had gotten 10 very tiny baby seedlings of trees when I donated to the Arbor Day Foundation a few years ago.  The French Lilac is one of the things that really took off.  I have 2 or 3 other trees, from the original 10 that are still going strong.  I think that's a pretty good ratio.  I'm thinking of getting another dogwood because they are my favorite and can't decide whether to get another pink or go with a white one.  The one in the pic opens out to a deep shrimpy pink color which pales to the pink you see in the picture.  The white azaelas in the background were getting boxed out by our boxwoods in front.  When Jeff took them out I suggested planting them in front of the wild area just to see what they did.  I'm so glad I did.  I just love how they brighten up that spot right now.  Jackson will be exhausted as he's been out with his dad going on 5 hours now....no nap.  Princess has had one nap, two tries at lunch, a stint outside with the boys and then another to blow bubbles.  Now we're playing quietly while Mommy blogs.  Time to go start dinner.  

No comments: