Sunday, May 1, 2005

A Boy and his Dad

Spring has sprung in northern VA and Jeff has cut the grass a few times already.  Just as when Jeff gets out the vacuum, Jackson is also vacuuming  Jackson cuts grass when Jeff is mowing.  Capturing them together at this time of year is awesome because the trees are blooming, the mulch is fresh and the grass is coming up as green as can be. 

The dogs are in their element as well - moving around the yard to follow the sun so they're always basking...

I finally got the rosebushes and the butterfly bush pruned.  Better late than never I hope.  Several of my new rosebushes passed on over the winter and I'm a little disappointed but not a bit surprised.  Now to start battling the black spot....I'm thinking that if I don't turn things around in the rose bed this year I may take them all out and plant something that will thrive against the house.  We'll just have to see....

So Kate has had her first taste of gardening.  Somehow, I think by crawling off the patio and into the grass, she got her knees wet and a little dirty.  She was out for quite a while investigating the sandbox and whatever else she could see from the patio.  It's just a gorgeous wondrous day.  In a month or so, possibly a few weeks, she'll be walking and it'll be much easier to be out with her as she won't have to be held the whole time.  We're ready with the new doll stroller and ride on toy for her as well as the sandbox in the back.  She did really well just sitting on the bench of the little picnic table.....she's such a princess.....Why didn't I get a pic of that???

So Monday begins a very busy week for me that is not over until the following Tuesday.  Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  With the nicer weather it will be easier though to be nice to myself and take time for myself to enjoy the outdoors and all of my flowers and plants.

For Mother's Day I think that I would like a gardening themed kind of celebration so that I can go to a nursery and buy some annuals to fill all of my hanging baskets, maybe some new gardening gloves, maybe a nice relaxing bubble bath, andbring dinner in???  We're going out the night before with friends to a Japanese steak house, taking the kids with the thought that they will find the at the table food prep very entertaining and most of the kids involved are really into their food so it's hopefully a win-win kind of thing..

 

No comments: