Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Milestones

I know it's way past due but Jeff dropped the crib mattress down so that Kate can't lean over and fall out of her crib.  Sort of drives the point home that she's capable of sitting up, then standing up by herself, and she wants to get where she wants to go, with or without me.  He's leaving for Cali tomorrow morning and will be gone for 10 days.  Let's just hope that the rocket goes up and the satellite gets launched and all is right with this project that's he's been working on for the past two years or so.  I'm sure we'll be fine.  Last time I just hunkered down and made taking care of the kids my primary and just about only focus since I didn't have him here to share that with me....it just leaves me less time to myself and less time to play around.  The big thing is taking care of the pets AND the kids given that of the four of them only one is capable of getting his own food and even at that he still needs help opening the top of the yogurt, etc....so for all intents it's four little beings dependent on only me...oops!  I forgot that damn cat again...so make it five.  And then I still have to make it to the office at a very busy time...yes, it's still busy and will remain busy.  We've taken the season out of busy season and we're just always busy.  This is a good thing as it means (relative) job security.  Of course if I screw up, all bets are off!  The kids had their pics taken today - the photographer came to daycare.  Jax went first by himself, then the two of them on a bench with his arm around her...she, with the sour puss....then she freaked out when he got up so they could take her alone...don't know if they ever tried it again.  At least the bow stayed in her hair for the pics, such as they are.  They're all on notice that Kate only likes certain people there and the others are pushing it if they so much as look at her, nevermind actually speak to her.  Moving to the older infant room and cutting her two top front teeth has been exhausting for my dear baby girl!

It's hot here already and I've turned the air conditioning on just to cool things off.  I hate that walking to the 2nd floor and feeling the stuffiness thing.  So I'm about to go lay things out for tomorrow.  Both kids need a fresh set of clean/spare clothes for school as both needed a clothing change this week.  Both also need sunscreen.  I love getting the notice in the middle of the week so that it makes me feel like I have to schedule a trip to the store vs. waiting until the weekend.  This is classic Monday afternoon:  Jackson needs wipes....why couldn't you tell me Friday afternoon so I could pick them up over the weekend?  Or better yet, so that the nice Peapod delivery man could have brought them?  God forbid I should have time to have an eyebrow wax or a manicure!

Ok, so I am off to get Kate's bottles ready, clean the coffee maker and set it up for tomorrow, throw in a load of wash, let the mutts in, all the while ignoring the huge basket or laundry that needs sorting and folding....I have to be at a meeting in the a.m. by 7:30...this would be funny if I didin't really want to go...I got to work at 10:15 today, late for a weekly team meeting where our new Director of HR was in attendance.  When I push the envelope, I really go all out.  The kids are still on Standard Time, what can I say?

 

 

No comments: