Friday, March 18, 2005

Where Have I Been?

Yoiu wanna know where I've been?  I've been engaged in a battle of sorts and have emerged from a depression about work that I did not know I was in.  I am now more energized and enthusiastic about what I am doing.  What has changed?  Several things have changed but a key factor has been the arrival of a consultant who was hired to "fix things".  I laugh at that for two reasons because I think of Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction who introduces himself by saying "I fix things" and because I went to work at my company, originally as a consultant, to not so much fix things but maybe stem the bleeding until some reinforcement could be brought in.  Anyhow, Ms. Wolf (LOL not her real name) has swooped in and made some dramatic, though common sense, impacts on my work.  It's been like a breath of fresh air but I've been working harder than ever, traveling to one of our other offices, and strangely enough, getting promoted. 

On a personal note, I took the kids up to Philly to visit family and friends over Martin Luther King holiday weekend.

No comments: