Sunday, September 21, 2008

The times they are a changin'

Wow, what has happened in the economy and I'm keeping my head down, working, with one eyeball on the news.  I could honestly get laid off in the coming month or so and I've been looking for a new role both inside my current company and outside for other employers.  I cannot afford to be without a job at this time.  What has kept me from being a nervous wreck?   You have to ask?  Having read Eckhart Tolle's books "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" has kept me from being a basket case in these uncertain times - because there are things I'm certain of - I have a great family and great kids and I love being their mother, placing my trust in God and my life in His hands has served me very well in the past so there is no reason to mess with that formula, I have finally gotten out of my lazy rut and have been exercising, I've also been networking my brains out, as well as, throwing myself into the kids' lives and their activities - which I'm enjoying to no end....so I've added a few "hats" to my hatrack - CCD Catechist, Soccer Coach, Kickboxer.  And I've gotten back into the routine of hanging out in my scrapbooking and craft nook giving me better odds of actually working on things vs. just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Richard D said...

If you really want to get a shot of cold hard reality, travel out to the Reston office. It is a ghost town most days. In fact, the last 15 or so times that I have been at that office the only people in the entire office were the receptionist and me. A couple of times there was one other person, so the three of us listened to the eerie silence.

It has been a bit scary.