Wednesday, June 7, 2006

You are going to laugh...I planted one sorry tomato plant, a best boy or something, not an heirloom.  I haven't had much luck with tomatoes since I moved here to VA.  I have 2 cukes but only because my neighbor buys a 4 pack every year because she only wants two but can't find them in 1's or 2's....other than herbs I have marigolds and some purple salvia.  I ordered 4 new rosebushes and decided that rather than replace some that had died I'm going to use the raised bed where I typically plant th
plant the veggies and make that my rose garden so they'll get full sun all day....After spending loads on 12 new ones last year and having them get black spot almost immediately....I'm wising up at last!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're going to start calling you Farmer CJ.  Me?  I have a black thumb.  Love the fresh produce.  Can't take care of anything that doesn't tell me when it is hungry, thirsty or needs it's pot changed.