Saturday, December 3, 2005

Remodeling Woes

 Our new kitchen tile is positively gorgeous and so is the granite for the countertop.  There are 3-4 days of work left to do on the floor and that part of the downstairs is a wreck.  We are upstairs with the kids thinking about all of the things we need to do before Christmas.  I'm thinking a list is in order at this time.  The kitchen table we picked out is out of stock until January so we're going to hunt for an alternate today.  I'd love to have the floor, counters, and the new table before Jeff & Annette come in two weeks but it's looking doubtful on the table part. 

I had the brilliant idea of taking Jackson and a few buddies from school to see Disney on Ice for his birthday...and it's definitely running now.  It's not running in Washington at the moment though.  Oops, back to the drawing board to find an activity that will be cool for a birthday celebration.  We don't do the Chuck E. Cheese's deal.  He is scared of the mouse and the mayhem makes me nutso. 

I'm hoping that now that I'm on the antibiotic my bronchitis will clear up quickly.  I haven't been so sick in a long time and with so much to do - work and home and then there's preparing for Christmas.  I'm wondering when we'll make the pierogi - we have to make them again - they're fabulous, and despite my intentions to make them at least twice per year we only manage to make them for Christmas and freeze several dozen to enjoy for a few months after. 

Must get to the list.

No comments: